This website is operated by the British Octopush Association, an unincorporated association and the governing body of underwater hockey in the United Kingdom.
The British Octopush Association (also referred to as ‘the BOA’ and ‘we’ in this policy) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and in the United Kingdom. We are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
What personal information do we collect?
Our community is largely managed online so our web application securely collects and stores the following information for registered members:
- Personal details like your full name, contact information, address etc
- Your date of birth and gender
- Your account details such as username and login details
- Your Previous Order History
How is personal information collected?
Personal information may be collected when a registered user enters it into a form on the website. Some details that are provided to us externally may be manually input by us or on our behalf.
We will collect information on your orders when you add items to your basket, and when you confirm an order.
For BOA Members, your account will be linked with the GBUWH database. Your accounts remain separate and no information is shared between the two databases, this is used only as a verification of your active membership.
We do not store Payment details, and all data collected for card payments is handled by our card processing partners. The BOA does not handle any data relating to card payments. The only information held by the BOA relating to payments is the Billing address.
How is my information used?
Membership information is used for a number of reasons, all of which are specifically for the management and administration of the BOA and to provide services to you.
The personal information we collect may be used for the following administrative purposes:
- To provide goods and services to you as a member, such as processing orders for delivery or collection.
- To provide electronic services that require us to establish a user’s authenticity
We may use details to contact members directly to request further information needed to fulfil an original purpose. We may also use personal information to contact users by electronic or physical means including but not limited to:
- Sending e-mail to those that have requested it
- Contacting users to request additional information and clarification
- Other electronic and physical correspondence.
Anonymous information that is gathered automatically without the explicit consent of the user (such as Google Analytics) will not be used by us to identify an individual.
We may use this information for the purposes of statistical reporting so that we are able to enhance the services we offer to our members and other users. We may make this information available to others to fulfil our statutory obligations.
What is the legal basis for processing your information?
Where we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for this. We rely on various legal bases to use your personal information:
- Legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
- Legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- Consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
Contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you (eg when you purchase items from the BOA shop), or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
How long is personal information retained by us?
Unless we tell you otherwise, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable needs, such as managing our relationship and service to you as a member
- For as long as we provide services to you as a member
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
What should you do if your personal information changes?
If you have an account online with us there are some aspects of information – such as your contact details – that you can manage yourself via the edit profile facility on your account.
If your changed information falls outside of this, you should inform us – using the details in the Contact us section of our website – so that we can update our records. We’ll then update your records if we can.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We do require your personal information for your BOA Shop account. We would be unable to provide you with services as a member if you did not. Where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this as clear as possible.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is an idea of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. The right to:
- be informed about the processing of your personal information
- have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- object to processing of your personal information
- restrict processing of your personal information
- have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
You have the right to put forward a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details in the Contact us section of our website.
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal data gathered in the course of operating our website and administration processes is kept securely and within our control at all times.
Historical data from Old Website
Accounts created on www.gbuwhshop.co.uk are no longer active. Due to the complexity of this data and age of the site we are unable to transfer accounts to the new site, therefor customers will be required to create new accounts on http://shop.gbuwh.co.uk , the old site has now been decommissioned, however In line with GDPR the data held for www.gbuwhshop.co.uk will be available for up to 6 months. This data contains members personal details, such as Emails, Address’s, and Contact details as well as order history details.
This data has been archived and stored securely. It will only be accessed by the BOA at the request of the customer to which the data refers to. To request the data held, please contact the shop manager via email from your registered account email address as proof of identification, and we will attempt to process your request.
All customer information from www.gbuwhshop.co.uk will be destroyed as of 1st January 2021.
The current policy can also be obtained on request by contacting us using the details in the Contact us section of our website.
If you have any questions or comments, or if you wish to exercise your privacy rights, you can contact us using the details in the Contact us section of our website.